Unlock Bios Password iMac 27 19,1 a2115 Firmware Password Unlock.

JohnnyHotPockets

reputation_scoree

Hi Guys,

I need a firmware password removed from my iMac that I bought 2nd hand. I've searched as far as I can and found this website, excuse my ignorance but I'm not sure how it works. How do I find the BIN file to supply to request unlocking? Once I have it, how do I apply the new one? If there is a link to a tutorial or something to assist I'd love to know. I found this post here: Unlock Bios Password - IMAC A2115 which is the same iMac I have, but I wasn't sure, is there unique identifiers per firmware or can I use the unlocked file from this one? If I can use this one, how do I use it. My apologies for the questions, but I'm at a loss.

My details are below:

Motherboard number: 820-01236-A
Family name: A2115
Production week : 26 (July)

I've mounted the EFI partition, but I'm not sure if what I need is in there or if it is, where to find it.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Johnny

Attachments

• 1655972661026.png
    1655972661026.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 1

JohnnyHotPockets

reputation_scoree

Hmm.. maybe I'm doing it wrong. So when I boot to recovery, I get the firmware password screen. Those two files were extracted from refi > APPLE > FIRMWARE > IM191.fd on disk /dev/disk0 and /dev disk1

Attachments

• 1655979695981.png
    1655979695981.png
    260.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 1655979752966.png
    1655979752966.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 2

Vahab Hemmati

Support Team
Staff member
Admin

Just so I'm sure, and again, I appreciate your patience and assistance, like you have no idea. If I do it, I call the replacement file the same name (rename it to IM191.fd)

If it doesn't work, is there a chance it will brick my iMac?
the only way to unlock bios password is removing it from bios bin file
but the files you have sent are clean! and there was no password on the file

JohnnyHotPockets

reputation_scoree

the only way to unlock bios password is removing it from bios bin file
but the files you have sent are clean! and there was no password on the file
I'm at a loss haha. I thank you for your assistance, I might just try to replace the file with that unlocked from the other thread and see what happens as it definitely has a firmware lock on it.

Thank you for your assistance though. I very much so appreciate your help. If I can find something else ill post it here.

Johnny

Vahab Hemmati

Support Team
Staff member
Admin

I'm at a loss haha. I thank you for your assistance, I might just try to replace the file with that unlocked from the other thread and see what happens as it definitely has a firmware lock on it.

Thank you for your assistance though. I very much so appreciate your help. If I can find something else ill post it here.

Johnny
ok give it a try
good luck

JohnnyHotPockets

reputation_scoree

ugh, ok I give up. I can't find anywhere that explains how to find it and this (attached) is the closest I can find which I uploaded before. I think ima just sell it tbh, out of frustration lol

Attachments

• Image_Intel_Intel_image.bin
    16 MB · Views: 1

JohnnyHotPockets

reputation_scoree

i think you just need to try new bios
I would but again, no where that I can find explains how to flash Mac with a new BIOS.. unless I'm a dumbass, I can't find how to. I been looking for a few hours now. For example, where to put a bin file. or how to flash using a BIOS bin file on Mac. I can't access anything outside of live OS because of the fw lock.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic